Hey Ya'll! You've made it to my blog. First of all - thank you!

Secondly, you will need a few tips to get you settled in.

Step 1.
You will need a Google account to be able to comment on my blog. Trust me, you will want to comment. Don't sweat it! It's easy AND free, so take a minute and set it up.

Step 2.
Look at the top right of the screen (go ahead, you can look now). Click on "customize" and you will have lots of options - ways to be notified when a new post is added. If this confuses you, just fuggetaboutit.

Step 3.
If you REALLY, REALLY love me, please FOLLOW ME! To the right of this space, you will see a small white box marked "Follower". That's where you want to click to follow me (publicly please).

Step 4.
Enjoy and tell me what you want to hear about or what you think about what I've shared.

I try to look at life with my head cocked to one side. Most times, that viewpoint makes me laugh, sometimes it makes me cry and other times, it just makes me think. Grab your hat and hold on to that sucker. It's gonna be a fun ride!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Excuse Me Sir, you are wearing my dad's pj bottoms

My dad's life in the nursing home requires me to have several skills, among them is PD (Pajama Detective). Although we personal do all of my dad's laundry, many pieces find their way into the black hole that is the route between his room and the on site laundry facility. I used to cry, beg and plead with the keepers of the laundry when a piece or two went missing. However, that required me to carry around the orphan pieces. iPhone to the rescue! I began to take pictures of the orphans and show them to the various nurses and CNAs.

As I headed out after a visit with my dad today, I saw Mr. Fred (another resident) wearing a nice sweater and my dad's pajama bottoms. Mr. Fred is a man of very few words (two), so I decided to address this with a higher power (a nurse). She assured me that the company had likely made more than "one pair" of these pajamas. The lightbulb went on and I whipped out my iphone which had a picture of the pajamas top, which was resting comfortably at my home.

Convincing Mr. Fred was a matter they didn't want to deal with, but after weighing the issue of dealing with me, they decided to confront Mr. Fred. After several grunts and more than a few "noooo"s, the CNA emerged from the room with the pajama bottoms. I was happy when she offered to put them in a plastic bag.

I thanked her, tipped my hat and walked off into the sunset. OK, that last part was embellished. I just left the facility, proudly holding the dirty pajama bottoms. I think I won.

3 comments:

  1. I see this going into syndication! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was hillarious--imagine having a pic of dad's PJ top on your phone. Yep, you won!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you can add PD to your resume of many talents. You should write a book because you certainly know how to spin a story.

    ReplyDelete