Think you have a bad driver's license picture? Well, I KNOW that I have one. I look like I'm completely bald and from an African country and wearing tribal garb. I thought it was the worst one until I saw my sister's DLP (driver's license picture).
My sister decided that she would have her hair done on the very day that she was going to get her license renewed. Sounds like a good idea, but apparently, her hairdresser was out to get her. My sister ended up with a "box cut". If you remember Kid n Play, she looked the one who had the hair shaped like a trapezoid. She's a woman of her word, so she continued to follow her "to do" list and moved forward with the plan to renew her license. After waiting in line, she finally stepped up to the front and lined up her shoes on the strip of yellow tape on the floor.
When she looked up, the person taking the picture said "Ma'am, you are going to have to remove the hat" and (you guessed it), she said, "But, I'm not WEARING a hat!" The worst part is that she had already paid for a 10 year renewal.
Take away lessons? Don't dress in tribal garb or get your hair done if it will be captured on film.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hysterical! My DLP is pretty bad too. I regretted that 10 year commitment once I saw the final outcome!
ReplyDeleteThey could cover ANY revenue shortage with a "re-take option". They can sweet talk you into the 10 year deal, show you the first photo, then triple the price to take a second one immediately. Sold!
ReplyDeleteIts really good when we can laugh at ourselves. Life would be a lot more fun to all if we could laugh at ourselves, hmmm maybe we just need to lool at more DLP that would do the trick!
ReplyDeleteAdd to the list, Do not go have DLP made immediately after having a baby. I look like I have that black football stuff smeared (dark circles from no sleep)under my eyes and the perma-exhaustion look on my face. And yes, I renewed for 10 years.
ReplyDeleteFrom the sounds of it, they should completely nix the pix and go with sketches that WE approve of! Let's face it -- there are no decent DLP in existence!
ReplyDeleteUPDATE! UPDATE! My sister was stopped recently and had to show her DLP. The cop looked at the pic, then looked at her and back at the pic. My sister, in way of explanation, said "I've lost some weight" to which he responded "You've lost your hat, too!" I swear that I am laughing as I type this. It just doesn't get old!
ReplyDeleteYou have some really great stories-thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete