Hey Ya'll! You've made it to my blog. First of all - thank you!

Secondly, you will need a few tips to get you settled in.

Step 1.
You will need a Google account to be able to comment on my blog. Trust me, you will want to comment. Don't sweat it! It's easy AND free, so take a minute and set it up.

Step 2.
Look at the top right of the screen (go ahead, you can look now). Click on "customize" and you will have lots of options - ways to be notified when a new post is added. If this confuses you, just fuggetaboutit.

Step 3.
If you REALLY, REALLY love me, please FOLLOW ME! To the right of this space, you will see a small white box marked "Follower". That's where you want to click to follow me (publicly please).

Step 4.
Enjoy and tell me what you want to hear about or what you think about what I've shared.

I try to look at life with my head cocked to one side. Most times, that viewpoint makes me laugh, sometimes it makes me cry and other times, it just makes me think. Grab your hat and hold on to that sucker. It's gonna be a fun ride!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The "N" word - revisited with kiddies - read and learn

Here I am in my regular position as chauffeur to the kids, really, they are really more like young ladies. Any-who, I'm up in front driving the little Miss Daisies. In this adventure, it's Maya and Ciara.

Always ready to tune in to the back seat drama, I almost lost it when Maya says, "Gigi, a boy at my school said the "n" word." Poor little Ciara chimed in with "What's that?" Maya, ever the smart mouth (being older and all, at 8 as opposed to Ciara's 6) responded with "Nothing you need to know."

Ciara was NOT about to be outdone. She said "I know what it is"

Maya replied "Whatever you do, don't say it, but you can spell it."

Time out -- I KNOW that I should have stopped them, but I was curious, that they were even HAVING this conversation at ages 6 and 8. You may think that YOU would have stopped them, but you wouldn't have - trust me. Back to the story.

Ciara clears her throat and starts to spell.

"N" she said loudly and I started to interject something about inappropriateness, then I heard the next letter.

"U", "T', "H", "E","A", "D".
Yeah, she had spelled NUTHEAD.

NOW was the time for that the speech about inappropriateness. We talked about name calling and how we shouldn't do that at any time to anyone. I think that Maya really knew the whole truth, but she also knew that we needed to let the story end....right....there.

Out of the mouth of babes...

2 comments:

  1. Thsnk you AGAIN for my down deep laugh! I don't know how you can just sit there but truly you learn a lot by listening to the girls and their conversation.
    Very funny!

    ReplyDelete